What Advicenow can do for your organisation
Advicenow is recognised as the expert body on information standards. We are the specialists in translating the law into accessible and engaging information which not only explains the law but empowers people to use it. We can help you to help others to:
- Take early action to avoid a legal problem;
- Prevent a legal problem escalating;
- Guide people through the process of managing as much of a problem on their own as possible.
'Advicenow is the liveliest, least stuffy, most accessible and understandable website on legal matters that I've ever come across.' Marcel Berlins, The Guardian
‘It’s a good job your site is out there offering impartial and useful information on many current life situations. Impartial information is hard to come by, but quality impartial information is even harder. I have signposted many individuals and organisations to your site and they are always impressed.’ Counsellor, Derby
We try and live up to that praise by producing accessible and attractive resources. We don't just tell people about the law, we also acknowledge the stress they're experiencing and offer advice on the skills they need to solve their problem, as well as explaining when and how to get help. We use a range of techniques to get the message across: clear, straightforward language, real life stories, top tips from people who have dealt with the problem themselves, diagrams, quizzes, and pictures.
Advicenow has a wealth of experience working with government departments, voluntary organisations and frontline agencies. We're well connected with advice services that know the problems people have and can test materials in context. The Better Information principles which underpin our practice were developed through consultation with a wide range of information providers and are informed by analysis of piloting, feedback and evaluation.
We can use our expertise to help you produce high quality materials that have the needs of your users at their heart. We can manage the production of a resource from concept to evaluation, or take on separate stages of the production process as required.
Our services include:
* Project management
* Sourcing expert writers and fact checkers
* Commissioning, copywriting, editing, proof-reading and design
* Web publishing and printing
* Piloting and evaluation
* Training on how to produce your own ‘Better information’
We can vary the level of our branding and editorial control, and adapt our style depending on the approach you want to take.
If you'd like to chat about working with us, please feel free to get in touch. You can contact us the feedback form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to a selection of commissioned Advicenow resources:
- Royal Courts of Justice Advice Bureau commissioned: Going to court guides
- Scope commissioned: Cuts or changes to your care package
- Legal Services Commission commissioned: Turned down for DLA/AA? Think you're not getting enough?
- Ministry of Justice commissioned: Breaking up checklist