Full Graphics | Accessibility

Get advice in Northern Ireland

There are lots of different organisations who can offer help and advice with a problem:

A wide range of sources of advice. Cartoon by Phil Evans
Advice NI advice centres
Advice NI is a network of independent advice centres in Northern Ireland. Some give general information and advice on a range of subjects whilst others specialise in one or more area of law. Find out if there is an Advice NI advice centre near you by visiting their website (see 'links to other websites' on the right) or calling 028 9064 5919.

Citizens Advice Bureaux (CABx) Northern Ireland
Citizens Advice Bureaux help people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free information and advice. You can find your local CAB by visiting their website (see 'links to other websites' on the right) or looking under ‘Citizens Advice Bureaux’ in The Phone Book.

Equality Commission for Northern Ireland
The Commission is an independent public body. It provides information, guidance and assistance on equality and discrimination issues. If you need information about your rights or you think you have been discriminated against, discrimination advice officers are available to offer free confidential advice and assistance. You can contact the Commission by calling 028 90 890 890.

Law Centres
Law Centres are staffed by both solicitors and other workers who specialise in legal problems. They offer a free service. Law Centres usually only help people who live or work in their area. You can find out whether there is a Law Centre near you by visiting their website (see 'links to other websites').

Law Society of Northern Ireland
The Law Society of Northern Ireland can give you details of solicitors or firms in Northern Ireland:
Telephone: 028 90 231614
See link to Law Society of Northern Ireland website on the right.

Northern Ireland Legal Services Commission
The commission funds solicitors and advisers to provide legal aid. You can search for a legal aid lawyer on their website - see 'links to other websites'.

March 2010

Get advice

Need help with a problem? Find advice services and solicitors near you who can help you solve your problem. Many people are able to get free help and advice.

Have we been helpful? Could you help us in return?

Advice Now Web 0033 Op

If you found this information helpful could you make a small donation to help us keep this website up and running. Just text the code ADVN22 £2 (or any amount between £1-10) to 70070 to donate to us. We are a very small charity and rely on donations, grants, and sponsorship. Alternatively, If you are a Facebook user you could share the guide you liked on your wall (there is a button at the bottom of the page) or you could post it to any relevant forums you use.

About 'Is that discrimination?'

EU flag

'Is that discrimination?' is supported by the European Union Programme for Employment and Social Solidarity – PROGRESS 2007–2013. The information on these pages covers England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. For more information see About 'Is that discrimination?'.

Tell us about yourself!

Tell us about you

We want to know a bit more about the people who use our site, to help us improve it. Can you spare a few minutes to tell us a bit about yourself in complete confidence? Take the survey here:Tell us about yourself!

Please rate this article:

Type your comment

* indicates a required field.

Comment on this article

See our Privacy Policy

To help us ensure that we only get comments from real people, please enter the following code below 98009

In this section

Where do you tend to go for advice when you have a problem?

Links to other websites

Get Adobe Reader

Get Adobe ReaderSome documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. Download it here.

Problems Downloading? Download help